[Nobug] Updated devel:benny2

Christian Thaeter ct at pipapo.org
Mon Aug 16 13:56:53 CEST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:36:44 +0200
<benny.lyons at uniserv.com> wrote:

> Hi Christian,
> >Thanks, merged, simple text changes ...
> Yea, little to do really as it was well writen in the first place.
>
> That's good to update http://lumiera.org/nobug_manual.html as I throw
> a gawk (ha, that's
> a new British slang word for you!) in every day.  It's looking even
> better all the time, even
> the html format I'm begining to find easy to read.

I constantly update the .pdf along there too :)

> Simple question, but is there any (easy) way to configure/modify
> pipadoc so that things
> can be grouped?
> I've noticed the sections in nobug.h in which eas line has to begin
> with //<section_name>.
> Writing this over multiple line looks a bit weird.  Wouldn't it be
> nice, I thought, if
> you could do groups things, as in
> 	//this_section {
>       ...lots of lines here...
>       }  // End this_section here.
> or some other appropriate opening and closing groupping mechanism.
>
> I'm sure it's possible, but is it difficult?  If it's just parsing
> with awk, it shouldn't
> be all that difficult?  Any ideas where approx I could look?

this would considerably complicate pipadoc, currently it is strictly
line-based adding a block-mode would be a complete different beast:
a lot more state, escaping rules, corner cases, side effects with
the host language, different comment semantics (you can't
nest /* */ in C) ....

I was once thinking about this but abandoned the idea in favor of
simplicity (and one can copy/paste lines around without getting them
out of context).

If you have a biggier text/examples you better put these into a
doc/<new_section>.txt file and add it to the configuration to be
included in the manual (i can do that too, then you can only provide
the texts). I'd favor only small reference texts mixed into the source.

	Christian