[Nobug] [Lumiera] Back in business...

Benny Lyons Benny.Lyons at gmx.net
Fri Aug 31 19:35:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

> ...Thats why I'd
> like to ask if anyone fond of LaTeX and asciidoc would like to help me
> to reinstate the asciidoc latex backend. Or helping to communicate and
> push the code upstream (Stuart was always very kind and positive about
> our submissions, I only don't want a google account and therefore can't
> participate on the asciidoc google group).
Yes, I can certainly take a look into it.  I'm well into Plain TeX, less so into LaTeX, and less still into Asciidoc.  However, we still have a problem with a Google account: I don't have one.

I've had a quick look into Asciidoc and it looks like that the said tweekings will have to be made in
    /etc/asciidoc/latex.conf
on a Debian based system.
Then generate LaTeX via
    asciidoc --unsafe --backend=latex foox.txt
(or are you generating pdf directly? or some other way?)

As far as I can see, the LaTeX code is more or less configured using this file, so the work required will be confined to this file?

Looks like an iterative process: modify this file, and have a look at the LaTeX that is generated etc (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Cheers
Benny

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--